Service Desk Support Technician
Working on an IT helpdesk, this role is focused on providing support to all users, both onsite and in remote locations to minimise any disruption to their working environment. Job…View job
Working within a friendly office, this role focuses on developing software in accordance with end user requirements. Job Description: Develop software to user specifications Conform to procedures and standards in…View job
Support & Services Team Leader
This role is a mix of team management and coaching with practical day to day client contact so you will play an integral role managing escalations and ensuring end users…View job
Are you naturally tech savvy? Are you methodical, logical and process driven? If this sounds like you, a career in IT may well be worth considering.
Jobs in IT vary from;
- IT Helpdesk / Support, where you will support and maintain a business’s IT systems to…
- Web developers who build and code websites to…
- Business Analysts who use data to compile reports to assist businesses in their decision making process.
What you will need;
- An excellent level of computer literacy and general technical know-how
- A degree may be preferred by some employers, but isn’t always essential
- Work experience in a relevant placement
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
What are the prospects like?
- Progression into more complex roles including IT Managerial roles, Programming, Networking, Systems, Service and Management.