For those of you who have young children, the Summer holidays can be pretty expensive, so we have been researching the local area for things to do as a family that won’t cost you an arm and a leg; here are our recommendations:
1. Hobbledown Farm – Located in Epsom, this is perfect for children between 2-13 years old. It offers a fantastic play area, space for picnics (though own food is not permitted), and interactive experiences with the animals. Plan and book a time slot to take advantage of a discounted price of £17.00.
2. Bockett’s Farm – Family-run farm, located in Fetcham, includes fun events like pig racing, jumping on a tractor, two indoor play areas, and, of course, being able to see the lovely animals that live on the farm. Prices vary.
3. Alice Holt Forest – Situated in Farnham, an ancient old oak forest that dates back to medieval times, offers play areas, structured trails, an on-site cafe, cycle hire, and the extraordinary Gruffalo sculptures. Entry is free. However, parking is chargeable.
4. RHS Wisley Gardens – This beauty spot is just off the A3 by the Wisley intersection. The gardens provide a tranquil and peaceful experience, with a hilltop viewing area and three green glass houses. The park operates several events during the Summer holidays for all to attend, even a day for your dogs.
5. Paint your own ceramics with Calli’s Corner – We love this! Based in Dorking, a creative place to take your kids, where they can get messy and enjoy painting their own ceramics. The best bit is the studio fee is only £5.00.
6. Crazy tots soft play – If you want to keep it local, this is the place to go! With an indoor safe place for the kids to explore, suitable for ages 0-8 years old. You can also access the leisure centre, where they can enjoy the pool and café area.
7. Box Hill Spy Mission – Fancy being a Spy? Head to the top of Box Hill and participate in a 2-hour trail. You and the team must crack the clues to reach the end. This costs £9.99 per trail (not each) and is suitable for up to 4-5 people! You can download the guide via their website.
8. Painshill Park – Fancy taking a trip to Cobham? The unique and picturesque Painshill Park is the place to be on a gorgeous Summers Day, with many children’s events during the holidays. We even got word of a girl called Alice roaming the grounds! Check out the website for different prices for event activities.
9. Guildford Lido – Scorching day? With water slides and an Olympic-size pool Guildford lido is the place to be. Pre-booking is advised. £6.30 (child price).